Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Tuesday 2 January 2018

The 'A little bit ill update'

It's not a blogging resolution or something but for now I'd like to post a little bit more regular. Just some smaller, inconsequential stuff. A blog post a day for the immediate future.

Now the visiting relatives have packed their bags and gone away, I was all set to dive into my Gormenghast Christmas gift but I found that my sister upon her leaving, had gifted me with a final end-of-the-year present.


It is the flu.

Yes. Thank you.

Thank you oh so very much, my dear, esteemed sister.

So, now I've got a constant headache, even with medication. my temples ache, there's a wind brushing the back of my eyes and my sinuses feel clogged.

Not a good recipe for a good read.


It's a shame because Gormenghast is definitely already shaping up to be something special.
It's been long on my to-read list, primarily because it's literally written on the back flap of every single one of Gollancz's old fifty Fantasy Masterworks.

I was going to finish it by the end of my 10 day vacation, but I'm already hopelessly behind.

Up in the immediate blogging future, you can expect a review for Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden's Joe Golem novel, which is a beautiful little novel, The Read in 2017 post and the Top 5 reads in 2017 post.

But right now, I'm just going to take a step back, drop my ass on the couch and slurp some noodles while watching something random. Maybe just play some of that Doom game that I got for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment