Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Wednesday 24 January 2018

Bourbon and Big Black Delta

Current Mood:

Fear Agent's Out of Step by way of Big Black Delta's Huggin' and Kissin'.


That whole issue is just so damn perfect.


If you've read one, look at the other and tell me they don't invoke the same feelings.
Or just watch it anyway, it's a good song and an interesting clip.

I'm having a good time, how about you?

-----

"Life was not a valuable gift, but death was.
Life was a Fever-dream made up of joys embittered by sorrows,
pleasure poisoned by pain,
a dream that was nightmare-confusion of spasmodic and fleeting delights,
ecstasies, exultations, happinesses, interspersed with long-drawn miseries,
griefs, perils, horrors, disappointments, defeats, humiliations, and despairs,
the heaviest curse devisable by divine ingenuity.
But death was sweet.
 Death was gentle.
Death was kind.
Death healed the bruised spirit and the broken heart,
and gave them rest and forgetfulness.
Death was man's best friend.
When man could endure life no longer,
death came and set him free."

Samuel Clemens,
aka
 Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. Listening to that song, and looking at that picture makes me want to light one of the cigars you gave me! My lungs damn you, I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bourbon, Fear Agent and Cigars! Oh my, we in Texas now!

      Delete