Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Friday 11 August 2017

Reading Projects

I like having ambitious reading projects.
But like; ridiculously ambitious.
If I'm honest, probably unattainably ambitious.

Some of those projects are:

  • Finish collecting and reading all of the Fantasy Masterworks and review and discuss a specific aspect of every one of those that I read while I'm blogging. The specific aspect for each one has to be original or at the very least particularly interesting to me.
  • Reading the 12 books of Paradise Lost  with attention to detail and after each, explore that book in a blog post. Which seems a very attainable goal, especially with two books under my belt already.
  • Reading the Michael Moorcock collection in a set order and approaching the books with a somewhat new view that readers new and old might get something out of. (And I'm still not sure how, exactly... I've read maybe 2 and a half books and written alot of stuff already but I really don't know, maybe just focus on the mythology aspect that I really like... or just throw it all to the wind and do what feels natural, or maybe I'll only figure it out when I've done a few of those posts, I've been hesitant to post anything about it and it'll have to wait yet awhile, I guess).

I'm not even going to mention the dozens of smaller things that I'd like to do for fear that putting it black on white might actually make me feel like I can't even back out of committing to them. The second I start writing I generally have to go all out on the subject and I have to try and adress every subject. I'm even aware that it's not reader friendly, but what can you do?

Compulsive nature I guess.

Those compulsive touches influence other parts as well.

You see I love reading and being in the moment of it and having these books on my shelves to look at or just knowing that they're there on display (conquered, as it were) might be just as much satisfaction as I get while actually reading. The collecting is a huge part of it.
But the reading is a must.
Every book that isn't read, doesn't get to be on my actual shelves, and instead they remain on my rather horribly overcrowded TBR-shelf.
Which is why I'm staring at a few new half-empty shelves while I really have hundreds of unread books still lying around.
Am I exageratting? Who can tell? I'm sure afraid to actually count my TBR-pile...
And books are always getting added...

Right now I've also started another project that was always going to be inevitable: I've comitted to reading the entire Hellboy universe in the internal (but only suggested) chronological reading order, found here: Mignola-Verse Reading Order 2017
I had previously read the 6 Library Editions but've never read anything else, but now that number 7 is on the very near horizon I feel tingles of anticipation and I'm planning to jump right in (as soon as I collect a little more of course).
Not sure yet If I'll do any blogging on them.
Mignola art I find hard to talk about and I rather just like experiencing the stories rather than thinking about them.

But who knows? I'm a changable little devil.
Maybe just a short look and the most badass piece of art per trade.
Maybe.

But that would obviously constitute spoilers.
Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment