Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Sunday 13 August 2017

Puzzle Time!


Finished this puzzle with my mom over the weekend. It was rather tough actually. So is my mom.
Finished, it's a little over 66cm on a little over 50 cm and composed of a 1000 pieces.
Ordered it from the Discworld Emporium which you can browse for some really nice Discworld goodies. I was actually looking for some paraphernalia I could use to spruce up the place and when I saw the puzzle I was thinking I might hang it up when it was finished.
Haven't found a suitable frame yet though.

By the way, the Emporium people were very nice. See what came with the box.


That made me happy like you wouldn't believe.

Aaand the box itself.

A fiendishly difficult Discworld puzzle.
Not suitable for children under 3, people with a short attention span or
those of nervous disposition.

Depicted is the gloriously filthy and filthily glorious city of Ankh-Morpork, created by Terry Pratchett in homage and parody of Fritz Leiber's rat-infested Lankhmar. Artwork from 'The Compleat Ankh-Morpork'.

Ankh-Morpork is the setting that Pratchett used for whenever he needed to write something set in a bustling city, Like the Night Watch series or The Unseen University or... others...?
I've read less than half of the series so forgive my vague-ness. I'm still occasionally dipping in and out, reading chronologically in order of publication (because of course), so I've not read more than 14 books out of, what? 40? Long ways to go yet and to be honest, rather happy for it. The books are very fun, easy and sometimes manage to convey a whole lot in not alot of pages.


Obviously I bought the collector's editions, because I'm a snob that way.
Gollancz were the first publishers of the... eh... Collector's collection and published it up until 'Jingo' and there halted due to a legal right situation.
These days, very, very occasionally 4 new books come out under Doubleday, an imprint of Transworld. Last 4 were 'The Last Continent', 'Carpe Jugulum', 'The Fifth Elephant' and 'The Truth'.
The next four are slated to be released by November.

No comments:

Post a Comment