Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Thursday 16 February 2017

Major Book-Haul


Alot of books in one go. Two more Strontium Dogs make a complete set.
The 4 Dredd Sort-of-standalones that I wanted to get to before reading Case Files 16 and 17. The Predator vs Dredd vs Alien book, Heavy Metal Dredd and the Batman Crossover one. Also the most famous Dredd story, America. Curious about that one but i'll probably read the Strontium dog omnibi first, before I read any more Judge Dredd. The reason for that is that there's a vague sort of Crossover event in Complete Case files 17 (I think) between Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog.
So I took a little side-tour and got to know another one of the 2000ad comic's most popular characters.
Then We got the 2 Pretty deadly Comics and the 4 remaining Fantasy Masterworks I could still get from the Bookdepository.
Pretty excited about most of these but hey... What's that...?

Damnit Bookdepository. One of the downsides of living here in Belgium, and reading mostly english books and comics, is that most of my purchases have to come from an online store. This usually entails some risks.

Anyway, let's take a look at those masterworks.


Alright, looking nice!
A beautiful cover for Mythago Wood. Not a fan of the Little, Big one though.
I'm looking forward to reading Mckilip's Riddlemaster trilogy and the aforementioned Little Big. I had previously Read only Aegypt by Crowley, also in the new Fantasy Masterworks line, and I'm hoping that this will be a more positive reading experience.
The other two, since they're part of a series can wait a while before I get to them.



Pretty Deadly has some nice looking covers. Western horror mythology indeed, I love stories with gods and monsters and an occasional spin on religion or the apocalypse. Heard it was brutal and had a good story. That Blurb is definitely intriguing me too.

And then we have the 2000 ad comics, right now very definitely still a guilty pleasure but maybe in the future I'll be able to hold up America as an example of some good comic story telling. I've certainly heard enough about it.

And then the end of Johnny Alpha (the first run at least) . Let's see what made Tim Bisley cry.






No comments:

Post a Comment