Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Thursday 16 February 2017

All right, this blog probably won't last long but I'm going to give it a go anyway.
I'll have to see what I will share, as normally I'm a very private person. I keep to myself.
I don't really want to share my opinions (but I will) as I'm very self-conscious and don't handle criticism well. So then what is the point of this blog? I'm not vocal so why am I here on a medium designed to share your thoughts with the world and whoever reads them?

I suppose there was a burst of manic energy; I recommended someone else to start blogging in order to fill some of her time and I got swept up in the energy. Thinking about engaging myself and writing some reviews, some books that I wanted people to know about or just plain posting pictures of book purchases. I do love me some books.

So how will I handle it?

I know that I like to browse around other blogs, looking for things I like and hanging around for as long as I'm interested. The things that keep me there?
A wall of text is boring. Pictures are ALWAYS what catches the eye. Usually, for me, it's books. Covers of comics or a novel or a nice screenshot of a good game, pictures of people's private bookshelves, posted for all the world to see. especially bookshelves :)
That isn't to say that I don't like well-thought out arguments or reviews. It means that blogs without cool, interesting eye-catchers don't get a second glance before I click on the next. Unless of course you found the blog via a link or recommendation or who knows what.
Bottom line: Maybe try to post a picture with every post. Maybe some funny pictures to keep the seriousness down.
There you go. :)

Most posts will be about books, the book-haul ones will be easy; just a picture, some blurb maybe and some hype. The reviews will need alot of work as I'm one of those types who is always going to be dissatisfied with what he's written. or maybe I'll just say sod it and post whatever I got regardless. It all depends on how comfortable I am sharing This is very much a journey of self-exploration. See what keeps me going and what keeps me interested,

Most likely this will get abandoned in a week when my positive mood evaporates and I'll end up deleting all of it.

 but maybe, just maybe I'll keep it up.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more. Keep it up. You got this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how long it lasts. For now it's still fun :)

      Delete