Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Saturday 25 November 2017

Thraxas and its covers

I was doing some cleaning, checking through some lists of 'to-buy' books and I stumbled on mention of the Thraxas series. I remember sometimes looking around for copies of these books but never finding anything decent. As it was before, so it is now because, behold! I found this:


Book 1 is advertised as a World fantasy Award winner and it's the reason why I know about the series. Advertised as subversive, humorous and yet tackling serious themes with a tact and sensibility much lacking in general pulp fiction.
I imagine and am hoping for something akin to Terry Pratchett but then seriously more violent and as a longer epic maybe.

But man. How do these award-winning novels keep slipping through the cracks so much? To the extent that Createspace has to be the platform for making these available to the buying public again. It's frustrating and absurd.

I can't find any pictures of hand-held-copies or clear pictures of books 5-8 either.


I'm not sure why the ladies are always on the cover either. I know Thraxas is a dude who has a female ex-gladiator side-kick but is that a reason to have her on all the covers?
On the other hand though: trade paperbacks...
Hmmm....

NO! DAMNIT, LEVI,
 this was supposed to be a slightly baffled look at some covers, not a step-by-step account of you actually talking yourself into buying yet more books!

No comments:

Post a Comment