Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Saturday 4 November 2017

The Goddamned Revisited

Just a little post, because I DID promise I had something to show you, didn't I?

It's a new edition of the first comic I actually reviewed here on the blog. A comic that I love:

The Goddamned: Before the flood

That's a link to that first review.


And here the comic itself is, in all its oversized glory!


This post is unfortunately going to be quite a bit smaller than I thought it would be as, apart from the art that does benefit from a larger format (and there's few art in general that doesn't),


And the art REALLY does come out more:
Milosevic, or r.m. Guéra's painstakingly detailed drawings are a really fun to look at and I'm of a mind that I should still be looking into getting the Scalped series.


The only other thing that's new in this edition is the entirety of the script for issue 1, which does actually give some insight into the thought behind the series. But I guess that's something you could say for any and all scripts.



Unless you're a fan of The Goddamned, like I am, you wouldn't be greatly amiss in passing this up.
The art and story might be as gorgeous and gritty, respectively, as before but the lack of anything substantially new, besides the added script for issue 1, makes this feel less like value for money than if you'd just buy the trade paperback.



No comments:

Post a Comment