Very hard to write again. Been quiet too long.

Thursday 15 February 2018

Gotrek and Felix in the post!

Another day, another one off of the 'to-be collected' list.


It's a bit of a rare one.

And to illustrate that; here, for posterity, and because this is still ridiculous, is what I wrote on the Slow book collecting page to the right.

-----

-Gotrek and Felix Omnibus 4


Outrageously expensive, but it's on the list until gamesworkshop gets its shit together and reissues the series in a new and glorious jacket, it should be only a matter of time, but, really, who can wait for that

This is just ridiculous, I mean look at this shit:





 Oh and this seller isn't suspect at all, oh no...



What, was this stolen or something?

-----

I was one of the people who did not appreciate the change in artstyle from the unabashedly and creatively fantastic covers into the facsimili, bland realism of the second version of covers.


 I held off a while, bought the first omnibus as a statement to myself that I'd get around to purchasing the others and looked at some other stuff instead. I was a solely exclusive Warhammer omnibus reader, what can I say? Complete stories over piecemeal anytime. I abandoned that initial approach when the Time of Legends novels arrived and started buying those and others that caught my eye, primarily because of the legendary Jon Sullivan or Raymond Swanland art. This approach also got abandoned and I quit collecting and reading entirely when Games Workshop proved they couldn't be trusted when they switched formats halfway through every published trilogy at the time. I'd wait for the omnibi again.

So when I went back to this one, a VERY short while later... the fourth omnibus was completely out of print... Typical Games Workshop. I've talked about this before, so I'm not going to put this old grudge up on display again.

I've been on the lookout for this one since, and I got lucky. It wasn't as expensively purchased as the above. But it wasn't nothing either. Shipping prices were a bit much, but as I had to show my identity and sign for the package at the door I did feel mollified a little. Better to pay extra to make sure everything is handled safely and securely than cry about creases or vent about lost mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment